You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars to buy Floorstanding speakers.
And going for the cheaper option doesn’t mean you need to accept tinny audio and a wimpy bass.
Finding the best speakers on a budget can be tricky because there are a lot of bad ones you have to weed out.
Luckily, we’ve done all the hard work for you. These are 3 Best Floorstanding Speakers Under 500 Dollars.
A quick look at the Best Floorstanding Speakers
- Onkyo SKF-4800 2-Way Bass Reflex Floorstanding Speakers (Pair)
- Polk Audio TSi400 (Single)
- Sony SSCS3 3-Way Floor-Standing Speaker (Single)
In case you’re looking to improve your home theater system, consider the Onkyo SKF-4800 2-way floor-standing speakers. Onkyo is among the best companies known to produce high-quality budget speakers. Unlike different price range speakers in the marketplace today, the Onkyo SKF-4800 speakers are designed to deliver a great audio output that will leave you impressed. The Onkyo SKF-4800 2-Way Floor-standing Speakers have a max output power of 130W and are compatible to banana plugs, pins or stripped bare wires. These speakers have ideal frequency ranges that ensure that the quality of sounds delivered is excellent. This is our pick from “Best Floorstanding Speakers Under 500 Dollars”.
- 16cm Cone Woofer x 2
- Max. input power: 130W
- Weight: 28.7 lbs
- Dimensions(W x H x D): 11 9/16″ x 40 5/16″ x 12″
- Banana Plug Compatible Speaker Posts
- Frequency Response : 55 Hz–35 kHz
- These speakers are very sleek and light making them very easy to setup. The two have a weight of 28.7 pounds and dimensions of 12” x 11.6” x 40.6”
- These speakers can perform alone or they can be added to an already-established home theater system and still deliver their best sounds Sound delivered by these speakers is very high-quality.
- The woofers are also very powerful
- Easy to Set up
- Not the best choice for smaller rooms
Our second choice in “Best Floorstanding Speakers Under 500 Dollars”. The Polk Audio TSi400 defines the middle of the company’s TSi series of high performance floor standing speakers. They combine most of the high-end audio experience offered by the flagship TSi500 but at a price that is more likely to fit into a budget. The speakers are an outstanding choice for the primary front left-right channels in a surround sound home theater setup, especially for those who like to choose each element of a setup and match components individually to each other.
- Bass-reflex (ported) design
- Frequency response : 44-24,000Hz (-3dB)
- Three 5.25″ polycarbonate woofers
- Dimensions(W x H x D): 8-3/16″ x 38-3/4″ x 14-1/2″
- 1-inch silk/polymer composite Dynamic Balance dome tweeter
- 20-200 Watts/channel
- Moderately priced for the quality
- Excellent for high-fidelity music as well as home theaters
- It combines a really good mid-range with enough low end to satisfy those needing a bigger sound with a dose of refinement
- Provides a well-rounded, musical presentation with good speed and overall transparency
- Bass response is good but doesn’t extend quite as low as we’d like to see
- The TSi400 doesn’t sound as good with rock and electronic music as with acoustic material
Sonny SSCS3, designed for excellent performance and ease-of-use, the 3-Way Speaker uses state-of-the-art technology, enabling you to create an amazing audio experience right in your own home. Part of the Core Series line-up, the Standing Speaker is carefully crafted to consistently deliver excellent sound. Moreover, thanks to its Wide-Dispersion Super Tweeter system, the Speaker delivers ultra-responsive, high-frequency audio and amazingly clear vocals. Lastly, the Speaker’s tight, powerful bass gives your music a solid foundation and fine timing alignment across the entire frequency range. The overall performance is not excellent according to price. Thats why it is on Last of our “Best Floorstanding Speakers Under 500 Dollars” list.
- Dual 5″ Foamed-Mica Reinforced Woofers
- 1″ Polyester Main Tweeter
- 6 Ohm Speaker
- 145 W Maximum Input Power
- Sound Reproduction up to 50 kHz
- 3-Way Speaker Design
- Easy to hook up
- Enough power to fill most rooms with sound without compromising sound quality
- 3-way 4-speaker bass-reflex system
- Sturdy base
- Amazing sound quality for low price range
- A sub-woofer is recommended to complement the speakers and fill out the bass end
- Not suitable for large rooms
Essential Specs to Consider When Buying Floor Standing Speakers
This is the scope of tones a speaker can re-make from the most elevated high to the least low. A common frequency response for floor standing speakers in this value extend is 40 Hz on the low end to 20kHz in the treble range. A speaker with a lower frequency floor will not have to be combined with a subwoofer on the off chance that you have a little or medium-measure amusement room.
Sensitivity is an estimation of how effectively a speaker changes over intensification to sound. It is estimated by putting a mouthpiece 1 meter from the speaker and estimating how much volume the speaker produces when provided with 1 watt of enhancement. Speakers that have a high sensitivity rating are capable of higher volume before contortion and are more durable. A rating of 90 dB or more is viewed as great.
Impedance is an essential factor when you match your floor standing speakers with an AV beneficiary or enhancer. It is best characterized as the speakers’ protection from control. Every one of the speakers we investigated are appraised at either 4, 6 or 8 ohm. You can securely control a 6 ohm or 8 ohm speaker with pretty much any AV collector on the market, however a 4 ohm speaker requires a more particular AV beneficiary or enhancer that is capable of conveying a 4 ohm stack. Speakers with a 6 ohm impedance have less protection from control than those appraised at 8 ohm. In that capacity, the power yield per channel should be more prominent in the event that you pick a 6-ohm tower speaker.
So I am sure this little guide will help you in buying Best Floorstanding Speakers Under 500 Dollars. Purchasing a speaker may be fun, however it isn’t generally simple. There are bunches of things to consider. In any case, as long as you have a thought of the frequency response that you’re searching for and as long as you know which speakers will work best in your media room, you’ll stand a decent shot of having the capacity to discover the speakers that work for you. You simply need to recognize what you need. It’s likely out there for you. A few parts of purchasing a speaker are subjective and you will need to choose for yourself which characteristics are more critical. You ought to have the capacity to discover what you require in the market.
We’ve sorted these speakers according to their overall performance and price. The first one is our favorite pick 🙂